I don't actually have a giraffe. ):

Saturday, May 15, 2010

VJ Guitar

Suffered through PW talk which was strangely useful but incredibly boring at the same time. If doing normal tutorial and thermal physics is more interesting than the talk (since watching people sleep is only interesting for so long), then yeah, it was pretty dull. Since it ended at 5.30p.m., I skipped French Connection once again. x.x Cannot keep missing leh, if my attendance drops below 75% I might as well never attend.

Met up with Joy, Joel and Marken after the talk and sort of forced them into a cab to go to VJ. Heh. My rationale was that we needed to go get Joel's and Marken's tickets but mostly I just wanted to go see Brenda G :) The cab driver brought us to VS instead, I had to call my dad and ask for directions. Strangely I didn't feel all that alien in the VJ canteen as the rest seemed to be. Saw Ruth, then called Cheryl Seet to come find us to pass us the tickets (then found out that our conductor had complimentary tickets x.x)

Made our way to Mandrian Gardens for dinner, which happened to be some sort of apartment building that reminds me of Surfer's Paradise and was really nice. There was an ang moh baby playing with a cat as large as himself on the sidewalk! Hahaha and the restauarant was service charge free, and had good food. Marken and Joel were convinced the butter squid would take years off their lives (y) But it was nice enough that we ate it anyway :) And the fried rice was pretty good too! I was expecting crappy food, so I was plesantly surprised :) Plus the atmosphere was nice and it was cheap too.

It started drizzling when we decided to walk back to VJ so Brenda and her friend started walking very fast. Ahhh the good old days of asking her, "Why are you walking so fast??" during recess (y) Her friend walks just as fast too, they are so made for each other hahaha! Joel decided that walking that fast did more than enough to negate the butter squid and that he'd live to 90 or 100 :3

The Performance Theatre was really squished but it added to the ~close, cozy and comfy feeling heh. VJ was pretty good, there were a lot of amps and singing than I expected. After the concert Marken and Joel were calling Emily because they wanted to practise (y) Hearing our conductor speak made it feel like Guitar practice haha but it was cool to see all the different types of guitars. His rapping was pretty cool too!

(VJ Choir at the Esplanade with Abii was so fun too, the acoustics were top-notch, as were the singers. It was so so so great to see my fellow Bale-lover too :3)

No comments:

Post a Comment