I don't actually have a giraffe. ):

Monday, March 8, 2010

SN :)

Went back to SN during protected time in my RI uniform, I have never ever felt so awkward in SN before. I am only beginning to comprehend exactly how comfortable I was in SN, I still feel awkward walking around alone in the RI campus. I realise I miss a lot of things about SN -- singing the school song and saying the school pledge in the morning, saying the national pledge in Chinese, even the prayers (despite not being Catholic), rushing for orange bowl when Mrs Ong releases us 5 minutes early from Physics, school coffee, wearing the pinafore, not caring how I sit, being able to proclaim my love for random hot men without feeling that I may be judged, amongst others.

I might or might not also miss classroom lessons and studying for the O Levels. Looking back, the 1/4 Bio book + 1/4 Physics book tests on the same day occurrence doesn't seem as horrible anymore. I don't find studying fun, and I don't find reading the same thing and doing the same type of question stimulating after 10 times, but it really is okay if you go through it with a great group of friends around you.

Most of the 4 Grace/RI contingent got the chance to speak to Mrs Yeo, (a rarity considering she had lessons right after assembly) and we all miss her Math lessons now that we have to suffer through the lecture style of teaching. Brander asked her to go to RI to teach, and she said she's had many requests to go to the various JCs to teach Math from her students. She is that good x.x It was also nice to talk to Ms Law, whose perspective on things is refreshing. (I am going to start reading The Economist and I'm going to try be more curious and proactive.) We also got to say goodbye to Mrs Goh, who really is an inspiration. Writing in every single person's report books, "When SN is at her best, no one comes close", and many many other instances of support and inspiration. I don't think SN will be the same without her. I certainly don't think my school experience would have been the same without Mrs Goh.

I also saw the love of my life, a certain Brothers & Sisters actor lookalike... ;) Plus we got a good for our PI during PW. FUCK YEAH! And I really really really really love Linguistics so far. Right now it's the only subject I feel an interest to read up about outside of the curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment