I don't actually have a giraffe. ):

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Modesto's

Yiling seems to think I'm getting increasingly paranoid after starting to study at Raffles. Although I beg to differ, I still feel that it's safer to err on the side of caution especially considering you can get white slips if you get caught doing something against the school rules. She told me that after I bugged her repeatedly about whether or not I could leave school and come back for tutorials after 12.30p.m.

Considering we were, for the first time in the term, let out late for GP, Brenda Goh had to wait about two and a half hours for us at Bishan library since VJC declared Friday a full day off due to good A Level results. She also got her phone, wallet and camera stolen ): So we went to the police post to make a report (first time I've ever been in a police post). While we were there there was this old man who came in to return an ez-link card he found on the ground, and he didn't mind that he had to wait for us to finish filing the report. People like him give me hope :)

Proceeded to Cafe Cartel, where I decided to eat a brownie. Bought Brenda G lunch as well, and I'm only accepting payment in the form of another lunch! >:) I had to go back to school for Math tutorial and Yiling had her French lesson, so we left Brenda alone ): I did pass her my phone though, just so she would be contactable. I felt naked without it, so I stole Yiling's watch. I am obviously too attached to my phone.

Rushed back down to Bishan library when Math tutorial ended, after singing a birthday song for Joshua and waiting for the Chemistry worksheets to arrive. Ahmed was pretending to be Yin Leng and started cheering for more stuff to mug, it was hilarious x.x Although I felt bad for leaving Brenda G alone for so long ): But it's times like these you know who your real friends really are -- the people who will wait for you for hours to finish your lessons and who think your company takes precedent over the bad stuff that happens.

Since J8 is about the most boring shopping centre ever, Brenda G and I proceeded to Vivo to wait for Yiling. (I happened to forget my ez-link card since I left it in my other pouch, so I had to pay $1.10 to travel from Marymount to Bishan. 3 times. And $1.80 to get from Bishan to HarbourFront. I don't understand the pricing of the tickets x.x I should always remember my ez-link card.) Spent the time reading Percy Jackson, looking through magazines and flipping through this book called "How to make everyone like you". Some of the pointers were interesting, such as eye contact, smiling and phrasing sentences from someone else's point of view, but some I felt were plain elitist, such as extending your friendship to someone who may be less well-liked so that they will feel better about themselves, and make friends with the physically disabled to learn more about them to broaden your perspective. Umm...

After Yiling arrived we proceeded to Modesto's for dinner. I had the seafood pasta, Brenda G had the mushroom ravioli and Yiling had some black ink pasta with scallop. I don't think I've enjoyed Italian food as much in a long time x.x The tiramisu was great as well :) Brenda G says it's partly because of the company, and I completely agree. I don't think I would have enjoyed the food as much with if I had shared it with people I didn't like as much.

I am really really glad we're still meeting up and catching up with each other. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my friends. I have to stifle my laughter when I read Crystal's smses in lectures, I am positive the people around me think I'm either 1) reading love notes from my boyfriend or 2) crazy. And since people don't snicker when they read love notes from their boyfriends... I love that she still can make me laugh even when we're in different parts of the country :)

If I didn't have Yiling to talk to in the morning (and at all other times) I would feel very lost and intimiated in RI. I have also now been able to persuade her to love HMV as much as I do, which is awesome because everyone needs a CD-shopping buddy, or just a shopping buddy in general. :) Brenda's perspective on things is entirely unique and she really listens to you when you talk, which makes you realise that she cares enough about you to listen to all your problems, be it trivial or bothersome. And Abii is still the only person I know who can express the appropriate enthusiasm for Christian Bale wallpapers. (DO THEY NOT HAVE EYES? ;)

Joy says that hanging out with my SN friends will make things worse (by things she means my friend situation in school), but I think it's actually a pretty good gauge of how I feel in RI. The first meeting we had after we started school I was incredibly sand reluctant to part ways at the end of the night, but now I'm just really thankful that we had the chance to spend the evening together to catch up and make sure that we're still part of each other's lives. The situation in school is still far from ideal, but at least I know it's getting better. It'll get harder and harder to balance between both sets of friends (it really is quite easy now, since there's no competition at all), but I really am hopeful that I'll manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment