I don't actually have a giraffe. ):

Friday, February 12, 2010

I need to start applying suncreen on my face

Take 5 reminded me of how much I liked Australia's beaches. (Sea spray! Fine soft sand! Beautiful large waves! Hot blond Australian surfer dudes!) I rushed off the moment it ended with Yiling (since Brenda G reached at 11.45a.m. and we ended at 12.30p.m. :/) to meet Brenda G and Crystal to watch Percy Jackson! :) We've been talking about the movie since last year, but the book was way better in my opinion. Walked around while exchanging anecdotes about our school lives, then met up with Abii to have dinner at Marche. (Crystal and Yiling left in the middle for piano and French lessons respectively.)

It feels weird to say "my school" instead of "our school" or even just "school". ): I miss everyone terribly, it's ridiculous. It just feels right to be with them, kind of like natural order is restored. I haven't spoken, laughed or enjoyed myself so much since school started. If I had a more vivid imagination and let myself believe it, school might have felt like some weird social experiment we're in to see how we react in a completely new environment without our friends. I wish we all were in the same school/same og/same class taking the same subject combination. Although I know I can't expect new people to be as familiar as my old friends, it doesn't make it any easier.

I miss being able to say outrageously pervertic things. Now I think back and go, "Shit, I can't/shouldn't have said that", whilst previously I would have loudly proclaimed, "I WANT TO WATCH AMERICAN PSYCHO TO SEE BALE'S SHOWER SCENE" (mainly to Abii) without thinking twice. I just hope this adjustment period passes quickly with minimal pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment