I don't actually have a giraffe. ):

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I was just looking through the pictures from Saturday and it reminded me of when Abii told me that girls from mixed schools usually smile without showing their teeth. I think I told her that maybe they felt that it was cuter/more demure, but I realise that the reason I only have one picture out of 40+ showing my teeth is because my teeth are jank as shit. Sometimes I feel like I should just be brave about the pain and get my teeth and jaw fixed (since it's really really the part I dislike the most about my face) but then I think about John Entwistle and how he's the most amazing bassist on Earth and how I like him even more because he's British and has jank ass teeth like me :)

And also, for the pre-dry run speech we had to give in front of the class, my PW teacher said one of my "plus points" (amongst many many many shortcomings, most of which I already know and will have to try and fix/cover up in 3 weeks) is my natural/nice smile :3 I don't think I've ever heard that from anyone before haha :)

As sucky as PW is, it's nice to have something in common to complain about when you meet old classmates and there's nothing much else to talk about (and sometimes even when you do have other more interesting things to say heehee) because you weren't really close when you were in the same class but then 2 years together means you're reluctant not to say hi/acknowledge each other.

I saw a bunch of Sec 2 SN girls while waiting for the bus at AMK Hub today who had the green SN foolscap paper characteristic of EOYs clutched in their hands. It made me wish that I were still back in SN when end of EOYs meant end of the school year. PW is stressing me out more than exams .__. Talking about PW, WR's due in 3 days and I need to be writing my acknowledgements/abstract. Thank god I have a laser printer and a binding machine at home because this means that I can print my WR at 4am on Friday morning HELL YEAH.

In the morning, my paternal grandma told me that it was my Chinese birthday today and that 1) I could not visit my maternal grandma in the hospital today and 2) to buy a non-chopped up chicken drumstick home for lunch. I don't really like that I'm specifically forbidden to visit my other grandma but I have to respect her wishes, old superstitions aside (and I guess I don't like taking unnecessary chances with luck with WR submission so close, but I still want to visit my other grandma). When my paternal grandpa was still alive, he would buy us a fully intact chicken drumstick for dinner on our Chinese birthday. Feels a bit like deja vu with the hospital visits. I can't believe it's been a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment