I don't actually have a giraffe. ):

Monday, January 25, 2010

Movies

Caught My One And Only in the cinemas today. Logan Lerman seems to be in every movie I watch (because I just watched Gamer last Thursday and I'm looking forward to Percy Jackson). I thought it was okay, nothing amazing but I wouldn't say I wasted time watching it either. I loved every single outfit Renee Zellweger wore though, so elegant and beautiful.

While I was out, I also bought the Les Choristes DVD. Watching it brings back so many good memories. I first downloaded it in the midst of the Sec 3 end of year exams. I know I was supposed to be quite stressed but I still found time to watch the movie anyway. (I seem to be quite relaxed when I'm doing the exams, as compared to when I'm preparing for them. I also seem to love all the movies I pick up during the exam period. For the O Levels it was A Hard Day's Night, which I adore as well.) I loved the movie's music so much I bought the soundtrack x.x

It's truly remarkable how music is so intimately entwined with memories. Jason Mraz's We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. will always remind me of a holiday in Thailand because I listened to it extensively and exclusively there. Just like how Les Choristes reminds me of the Sec 3 exams. The computer I downloaded the movie on was still new then and I remember trying to watch it despite the glare of the beautiful sunlight streaming in from the sun roof causing reflections on the glossy computer screen. I also remember being amazed at the colour and beauty of Jean-Baptiste Maunier's eyes and the beauty and clarity of his voice. It's a good memory though, I always like doing the exams themselves, it's cathartic for me and I always get excited at the thought of finishing them. The first thing I did after every exam was to rush home and watch Les Choristes on the computer. Especially those that ended at 10a.m., all I did was watch Les Choristes and re-read Harry Potter until 6p.m. and then study until midnight. Genius, eh? ;)

I can't believe school is starting again. It seems like the holidays just went by in a flash, but recently I've been feeling disillusioned and aimless. I need to go back to school. I always stress myself too much, but I also am happier because the hard work I put in reaps rewards (ahem like how my O Level results got me the iMac, an incredibly expensive dinner and quite a bit in cash ;), I get to hang around my friends all day for most of the week and I seem to be able to appreciate the spare time I have to indulge in all my obsessions. I have a feeling I'll be stressed beyond belief in JC but I'm pretty sure I'll have a blast as well. I guess I'll find out in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment