I don't actually have a giraffe. ):

Friday, January 22, 2010

Chicago

Finally got round to watching Chicago and Terminator Salvation. I liked Chicago enough to consider watching it at the Esplanade (if I can find the money, that is). Terminator Salvation wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. Ahem Bale and Sam Worthington did not contribute to my appreciation of the movie. ;) Anton Yelchin was adorable too. The line "I haven't earned it yet" was so poignantly sad and in a strange way, I found that scene really beautiful.

Also, went to Crystal's house to watch District 9 and Gamer yesterday. I thought District 9 was wonderful! Abii, Crystal and Yiling all found it too slow and disgusting but I thought the pace was great and I enjoyed the emotional rollercoaster. Plus I liked the use of the news reports. Gamer I didn't like. The colours were pretty but other than that I didn't find it nice. Seeing Michael C. Hall as anything but Dexter was weird too.

We also watched Glee at Crystal's house. I remember when I first heard about Glee, a very very long time ago. I saw a picture of Cory Monteith on Perez Hilton. There was very very little on Glee on Wiki, since it was very new then. Recently I realised that the Glee DVD was released, but only the first 13 episodes. Thanks Fox. I don't think I've ever watched any other TV show on cable before. House I watched 2 episodes and bought both Season 1 and 3 together. Watched an episode or two of Brothers & Sisters before getting the DVD (in part thanks to Prison Break --> Wentworth Miller --> Luke MacFarlane). But other than that... Since I refuse to buy only half of Season 1, this will be the first TV show I'm watching on cable. I thought the pilot was okay. Kinda rushed, but Kurt's Marc J jacket and Mr. Cellophane were flipping awesome. Some lines were lame as hell though.

I'm listening to Robert Plant & Allison Krauss's Raising Sand right now and it's great. Just beautiful harmonized musical brillance. I love both their voices an they sound gorgeous together. So much love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment